Daniil Egorov, head of Russia’s Federal Tax Service, talked about cryptocurrencies as a possible means for tax evasion, in an interview with the Russian information company RBC.
- Requested if he seen any “modern” tax evasion schemes lately, Egorov mentioned crypto. ”We’re watching this market intently and perceive that this cost system can considerably erode the taxation base,” he mentioned.
- Egorov mentioned the issue needs to be approached in a “systemic” method, nevertheless, he didn’t specify any particulars.
- He additionally talked about that the Federal Tax Service has been utilizing blockchain expertise for storing digital energy of legal professional letters. Nevertheless, he didn’t present any additional particulars. CoinDesk requested the Federal Tax Service in regards to the particulars of the blockchain undertaking.
- In line with the present legislation in Russia, cryptocurrencies are acknowledged as a sort of taxable property. The legislation detailing how cryptocurrency-related earnings needs to be taxed have handed one listening to within the parliament in February, however hasn’t moved ahead since.
- Russian civil servants can’t legally crypto.
Learn extra: Russian Ministries, Duma Need to Legalize Crypto Mining: Report